Monday, December 31, 2007

The Year That Was

When you get the same mail a billion times from a billion different sources, it usually means, some stupid forward that has a “if you don’t forward” clause or its new year and people don’t want to be creative and send off the mail that comes to them. So after my outlook express started cribbing about being cramped for space, I decided to clear my inbox, since most of the time not giving the space estranges relationships (I sure don’t want to strain ties with outlook ;) ). Here I’m, resigned to the fact that I won’t be working anymore this year (As if I did before this) and wondering what is all the fuss about a regular calendar event that serves our people an excuse to getting drunk.

It has been not so bad a year. Under Valium I might even say it has been good, though Pluto might disagree being stripped off its planetary status (but ya, as if it gives a damn about some bundle of amino acids on a piece of rock). India won the T20, Bollywood Movies weren’t that bad, a lot of good books published, Cost of living has increased a bit, share market was good, rupee doing great, Indians ruled the global market, global warming was discussed a little less this year and Priyanka Chopra is still single and available :). So for an average Indian citizen it has been a satisfying year.

Of course global issues like Pakistan’s continuing misery and US troops stationed in Iraq, do seem to do what they are meant for, giving people perspective and make India look a lot better.

On a personal front, I’ve got my degree and blended into the corporate sector. Survived one year in Bangalore, the first half trying to save money to survive and the 2nd half trying best not to get robbed by the Government. Did 80% of the stuff on my list of things I won’t even dream of doing (walked ramp, enacted playing drums in a rock band, got down on my knees with flowers!!!). Learnt a few valuable lessons that life taught me in its course. Made a whole load of new friends to bug. On the whole a pretty even road with just the right amount of pit falls to call it part of life.

So I guess I’m looking forward to the new year after all without all the hype and excitement, just trying to outguess what it holds for me. Promises deadlines and more goals to achieve probably. One year from now, I hope I can say the same about 2008 as I did about 2007. Thank you life.

Made some ad hoc plans and have already gotten 2 msgs with anatomical and sociological terminolgies asking me what i'm doing in office still!

Guess new year eve is not so bad after all :)

Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

Stuffed Goofy! said...

Lol So what if Priyanka Chopra's single? & Available? Do i connect the gettin down & flowers act? :D
There's more than a layer to your writing. Guess I get what's to be got first, before the superficial one.In that way, your blog gives perspective, too! Thank you life?
:)
Happy '08!

Zahid said...

priyanka chopra will be single as long as 2012 *if her statements were to be believed* so you can perhaps live in hope for another 4 years !!!
And it was a nice year for an average indian !!! cheers !!! have a better 366 days ahead !!!

Anonymous said...

Was this article all about the past year.. or the availability of Priyanka Chopra??? Either wayz im least bothered cuz 2007 is a yr i wanna forget.. not juz cuz of sachin's daisatrous run of 90's but for personal reasons too!!! n i dont fancy priynka chopra.. im more a Priety Zinta fan!! lol

Jokes apart.. fantastic piece man!! u r gettin better with each article!! i gues der r plenty more where tis came from! [:D]

Hope 2008 shines better at us.. u n me both man!!! happy new yr!