Saturday, July 10, 2010

Chicken Soup for the Veggie Soul

I feel like James Bond. Undercover, having things shaken not stirred and women checking me out and saying “Hot”! And the rest of the story is the other dialogues that go with it like, “You need another blanket?”, “How many times have you had that syrup?” and “Shit, he needs another paracetamol!” As i manage to sit up after 2 days with my laptop open, I think a brief update is in order.

I’ve been struck by the cowardly disease that sounds like socks (thank God it doensn’t smell like) and it couldn’t have chosen a wrong timing. Fifa worldcup finals! Knowing the Fucchas! My 24th birthday! Work (ahem)! For all those of you who are doing an “awwwwww”- its ok people, shit happens. I’ll clarify at my own pace. As i always say, its a matter of perspective :)

Ever since I read the Christmas Carol in class XI (awesome English book for CBSE), I had until recently, the image of some ghost (A bearded ghost with a tuxedo) showing me clips from my past, my present and future. Until recently was cos, recently i saw the movie Ghost of Girlfriends Past and it gave new fears :P Anyways, as the doctor wrote down “to be kept in isolation” after confirming my fear , i couldn’t help recall the images painted by ghosts of Christmas future and was rethinking a few of my I-don’t-give-a-damn outbursts.

Shillong is a small and beautiful place. And i’ve been given a room in our institute guest house with a beautiful view and it seems almost like a resort. Well almost is true, cos I haven’t done much but sleep or stare out the window or raise fuss – much more like an asylum, while the Hellboy signs show up and bringing down the standard of my PJs. (for those of you who want to clear their throats at this point, a nice warm hug from me!)

I can’t believe the westerners call India, the land of superstitions, when the entire attention before every match of the FIFA WC is on an octa pedal squishy thingy that has no clue about football. Seriously if squids were to play football they’ll be yellow carded for fouls on themselves! And yet, it has been accurate so far in this WC. My heart broke to see the Germans go down to an out of form Spain. Or thats probably the reason why i couldn’t see the match! With sucky streaming and the effect of the dosage, while Spain slowly eroded Germany, I was sleeping my way to glory. Now that Germans have squashed Uruguay, I know i want Spain to win the trophy, but that match according to me befit the final.

As for my 24th birthday, ppl had trouble believing it was my 24th, it was made better thanks to the stream of calls and teaser party at 12 by the awesome 66. Of course my fairy tale memories for the day seem more like pages out of Sleeping beauty, snow white and whichever tale that involves sleeping. (My parents thought Panchatantra made more sense for me and so i had to catch the others a bit later on Zee! Does anyone remember the Zee or Jain TV’s tales from across the globe?) Small highs and state on unconsciousness made the lows seem far away. Oh a special mention of the toast i got from the chocolate boy of Awesome 66. Without the adjectives used – my blog, my pjs and the earlier said i-don’t-give-a-damn outbursts were mentioned and i was gloating :D

Since my blogs are already pretty long, here’s me cutting it short by mentioning some of the people who are integral to me striding through. Firstly my guardian angels – Sreethala and Priyanka – Thank God they got it before me. Followed by Samita, Sai Garu, Veena, Abha and Esha who think it is better to share updates, gossips and cruel judgements about people here in the ‘isolation’ place than in a party full of people :) A generic thanks to the Awesome 66 and my profs for the best wishes. As i have said before, I consider myself lucky.

Here’s me saying “te deseo lo mejor” to Spain. (courtesy: the Spanish Dictionary)

5 comments:

Saikam said...

Angels n all!!!!

BTW....Nice read :P

Anonymous said...

get well soon strangr

Unknown said...

i envy you for the humor u bring in your posts..... i seriously do......!!!!!

Priyanka said...

Finally found time to comment :) :P First, am staying away from spanish after Kites happened to me.
Second, your literary devices have gotten too obvious.. time for a refurbished blog and a new-improved (*coughs*) sense of humor?
Lastly, thanks for calling me an angel ;)
Looking forward to the bright new day...

Girish (a.k.a) Gary said...

@Sai: Sai Gaaaru!! Thanks :)
@Anonymous: Thank you kind stranger :P
@Sumit: !!!!
@Priyanka: What literary devices?? And you are one :)