Monday, November 29, 2010

Diary entry blog

Dear Diary,

You know I’ve hated Diary entries, especially when it used to come as 10 marks question in Section B of English in class X. But somehow, I felt you must be remembered in the times of lost blogs and tweeple people.  It would also serve to write something understandable for the benefit of anonymous commenter, who asked me to do so over maggi after my last blog.

Other than the fact that I got your spelling mixed with the milk products and that I never used to get you in the same year, I’ve never thought much of you. Probably cos thanks to all the chic flicks, diary is seen girly! Yes, I have wondered why would people blabber a lot of personal things to you. I guess It is much easier to get you to listen to one’s life story than another human being (unless you are Rakhi Sawant, in which case you get high TRP). I must tell you, some of the professors, do their life story in class holding us hostage!

After computers and laptops, lot of people have stopped writing in the conventional sense.  Of course there are blogs, lengthy emails to dear ones, facebook notes and of course personal MS Word and MS Onenote. But the train of thoughts seem to go to the exhibitionist Shatabdi express (flowery words and high end) than the regular trains. Atleast for me this is true. I can’t make the good old grammatical mistakes without someone pointing it out.

Inspired by the books I read before I came to IIM, I thought I would write a book on my life at IIM that would serve as a guiding light for future people (roflmao). Well now, If I do write, it will be categorised under thriller genre (with a 18+ rating, if it can exist) with flying swear words, over the head lectures, politics, deception, scandals and not to forget mind numbing PJs! (I was just trying a movie voice over – it’s actually awesome) So much for my writing dreams!

Enough of me and writing, lets talk about you. The consultant in me (note the professional air), believes that you should reinvent yourself. The embossed leather covers are pretty much out-dated in the times of iPads and Palmtops.  I saw a pretty cool evolution of your species launched by happily unmarried (cool place.. TIC stuff). To be honest that was the reason I thought I should write a diary entry.  

I just imagined Barkha Dutt, Vir Sanghvi, Raja et all having diary entries that are exposed! I’m sure they have a lot of dear diary moments!

Anyways, I don’t think I will run out of people who I can bug. So I will just remember you this once. Welcome to the world of blogs.

Adios,
Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know what to say --> Felt very good / funny / laughed a bit after reading ur post.

No comments as it is as good as ur PJ :P :P

Priyanka said...

An enjoyable read on your blog after longggggggggg! But then, you miss teh point of having an old crumbling diary under your pillow!! Some things just get classier and classier with time...
http://www.moleskine.com/about_us/news/moleskine_covers_for_iphone_and_ipad.php
Googling for "moleskine art" is highly recommended.